ABOUT THE GUESTS
Developers are now responsible for implementing digital security policies in software, but few understand the fundamentals of cybersecurity. In this episode, Samir Sherif, CISO of Imperva, and Yonatan Eldar, CTO of Apiiro discuss ways to bridge the gap between security and development, as well as share best practices for cloud security and much more.
“I think the talent that we’re going to see evolving sooner than later is more technologists becoming better risk professionals, because cyber risk and information security challenges are not solved purely by security professionals. If we’re going to continue to evolve and deal with this threat landscape, I think a change in industry from a talent perspective needs to be the adoption of risk capabilities.” – Samir Sherif
“From the security perspective, the smart thing for companies to do now is to push some of the responsibilities, knowledge, and awareness to the developers… We need to do that from day one. We need to think about security this way.” – Yonatan Eldar
* (1:00) Samir and Yonatan’s roles at Imperva and Apiiro
* (3:00) Changing landscape of cybersecurity
* (8:45) Securing funding for cybersecurity
* (13:15) Key security roles needed in the future
* (21:55) Maximizing security with the sacrifice
* (22:41) Benefits of using a multi-cloud infrastructure
* (27:00) Lessons learned from past cyber attacks
* (31:25) Security secrets not enough execs know
* (36:50) Samir and Yonatan ask each other questions
This podcast is brought to you by Asana. Asana is a leading work management platform that empowers teams to orchestrate their work — from daily tasks to big strategic initiatives — all in one place. By enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, Asana helps organizations of all sizes and industries achieve their goals, faster. Learn more at Asana.com.