ABOUT THE GUESTS
Johan Dowdy, Global Head of IT at Asana, and AP Purakayastha, Group CTO at Skillsoft and SumTotal, analyze the always-evolving job description of an IT leader, before sharing valuable insights on improving employee experience as well as engagement, and much more.
“There’s the adage that the customer is always right, and that’s very much as true today as it was 10 years ago. Now, that wasn’t always the perception of folks in IT… but that is the north star of all great IT organizations. They are perceived as going the extra mile and providing outstanding customer service.”
– Johan Dowdy
“Employees, more and more, are looking for more than just a job. They’re looking for growth. They’re looking for a purpose… So, IT’s role is to help employees grow continuously, to learn with whatever tools we have, and to do that naturally and seamlessly with the workflow.”
– AP Purakayastha
* (1:42) IT’s role in employee experience
* (5:44) Must-have tools for productivity
* (7:46) Using IT to increase employee engagement
* (18:33) Building resilience into tech stacks and strategy
* (21:46) Career secrets AP & Johan have learned
* (24:06) Predictions for the future of work in 2022
* (27:29) Biggest changes in tech from the past 20 years
* (28:08) Making the case for automation
* (30:44) Adopting a customer service mindset in IT
This podcast is brought to you by Asana. Asana is a leading work management platform that empowers teams to orchestrate their work — from daily tasks to big strategic initiatives — all in one place. By enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, Asana helps organizations of all sizes and industries achieve their goals, faster. Learn more at Asana.com.