ABOUT THE GUESTS
Today’s modern CIO is expected to do much more than just keep the lights on and make sure you can log in to your system. Join Sanjay Macwan, CIO and CISO at Vonage, and Harry Temkin, CIO at DriveWealth, as they discuss their evolving roles before revealing what makes an effective leadership model, including the main drivers behind employee productivity and retention.
“CIOs should obsess about this every day: how do we make sure that our employees and company are able to do their job better? … So one of the things that I really obsess about is self-serve and automation. How do I create self-serve models through automation so that if you’re a salesperson, he or she is able to get things done in a self-serve model and they don’t have to ask for it on a regular basis?” – Sanjay Macwan, CIO and CISO at Vonage
“From a retention standpoint, an employee that feels empowered and has the ability to make decisions and impact strategy is typically one that you keep for a very long time and feels very satisfied. They feel like they actually own something.” – Harry Temkin, CIO at DriveWealth
* (2:01) Sanjay & Hary share more about their respective roles
* (4:32) The next big projects coming out of Vonage and DriveWealth
* (8:22) What drives employee retention (with examples)
* (15:37) How automation can drive employee productivity
* (22:17) How a customer-centric culture can influence innovation
* (29:47) The evolving responsibilities of the modern CIO
* (32:31) Sanjay and Harry ask each other questions
* (38:40) Secrets more CIOs should know
This podcast is brought to you by Asana. Asana is a leading work management platform that empowers teams to orchestrate their work — from daily tasks to big strategic initiatives — all in one place. By enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, Asana helps organizations of all sizes and industries achieve their goals, faster. Learn more at Asana.com.