ABOUT THE GUESTS
In this episode, Michael Ringman, CIO at TELUS International, and Sesh Tirumala, Chief Information & Data Officer at Anaplan, discuss how they’re ensuring that their organizations are benefiting from strong data management strategies. Plus, they provide their perspectives on dealing with the “SaaS overload”, what they see as the future of the CIO role in cloud-based enterprises, and much more.
“We’ve got to be able to pull in a large amount of data in ways that our customers can see the value and better understand the trends of what’s happening in their environments. But, there’s also an element of being able to provide small data… Like, how long have they been a customer of this organization? Acknowledging those little pieces of very helpful information go a long way.” – Michael Ringman
“Data management, data privacy – those are the fundamentals, but the more important thing is how do you manage the connectedness of this data? So, that way you can then answer a lot of the key business decisions and questions.” – Sesh Tirumala
* (1:57) Michael and Sesh’s backgrounds & current roles
* (4:41) Avoiding SaaS bloat & how to recover
* (10:26) Finding value in big data & converting into results
* (15:41) Misconceptions on SaaS and data
* (24:44) Using data to build a better employee experience
* (31:02) Michael and Sesh ask each other questions
* (34:17) Michael and Sesh share their top CIO secrets
This podcast is brought to you by Asana. Asana is a leading work management platform that empowers teams to orchestrate their work — from daily tasks to big strategic initiatives — all in one place. By enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, Asana helps organizations of all sizes and industries achieve their goals, faster. Learn more at Asana.com.