ABOUT THE GUESTS
Jim Chilton, CIO at Cengage Group, and Rob Lee, CTO at Pure Storage discuss overcoming obstacles during a digital transformation, building infrastructure with ransomware in mind, and staying secure while scaling up quickly, and much more.
“Over the last couple of decades, you’ve heard the CIO, or even the CTO, considered to be the CEO’s mechanic or plumber… The reality is that technology is the enabler for nearly every company on the planet today – that means that the mechanic and plumber are now the architect. I would encourage executives to think differently about technology executives and the contribution they can make to the strategy of the company.”
– Jim Chilton
“When you’re in a game of ‘build a better mouse trap’, ‘build a better mouse’, you can’t just focus on the next mouse trap in front of you. [Security] has got to be an upfront consideration, in all of the product and process, in all the decisions that you make… for a performance system.”
– Rob Lee
* (1:14) Impacts of the ‘overnight’ shift to remote work
* (6:21) Remember the basics when undergoing digital transformation
* (9:33) Predictions for the future of work in 2022
* (14:26) Prioritize security when building infrastructure
* (31:03) How to scale up quickly and securely
* (26:08) What keeps Rob engaged and Jim’s technology predictions
This podcast is brought to you by Asana. Asana is a leading work management platform that empowers teams to orchestrate their work — from daily tasks to big strategic initiatives — all in one place. By enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly, Asana helps organizations of all sizes and industries achieve their goals, faster. Learn more at Asana.com.